Thursday, August 16, 2012

About Findsight


I have always loved to read. Therefore, I didn’t mind reflecting on what I had read. What I realized, however, was that I was only reflecting when I was asked. In some way I’m sure I was making connections and noticing symbolism subconsciously. But regardless, I had plateaued. I wasn’t challenging myself as a reader. I was coasting. I was eating up books without really thinking about them. This blog is my attempt to change that. I want to read actively like I did in high school and college, but this time I want to do it on my own terms, with books I choose.

So here are the rules. I will actively update my blog in accordance with the books I read. I’m not going to discuss, just those I believe to be espessially important and noteworthy. Sometimes I will write one entry per book, sometimes it will be more. I’m reading books that I consider to be important, but that doesn’t mean everyone will think so. That doesn’t mean other books aren’t important. Just remember that I am not an expert! Everything I say is my own opinion. Maybe you’ll agree with me and maybe you won’t, but either way we both will do some good thinking. That in it’s self is a victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment